Looking for the perfect locations for an unforgettable destination wedding in Mexico?
Hold tight because we are ready to pull the curtains back and reveal why me and my team at Exclusive Wed Moons are so excited to feature Grand Velas- Riviera Maya , a fantastic resorts we suggest to our lovely brides looking for elegance , character and unique weddings.
Here 7 reason why we love it :
Amanda & Michael
Photos by Moni & Adri Photography
1. Location, location, location: remember that a destination wedding is not only a magical backdrop for your ” I Do” but a chance to create excitement among your guests and offer them the opportunity for an unforgettable getaway as well as be there for something truly magical: your very special wedding day. Grand Velas Resorts is located in Riviera Maya , facing the crystalline water of the Caribbean Sea, surrounded by the lush jungle and about 35 min drive from Cancun international airport. This resort is very well positioned to offer a bit to every taste: you can lazy the day away on the beautiful beach ,enjoy some shopping and night life at the famous Fifth Ave ( short drive away)or/and pay a trip to the Mayan Ruins and get to know a bit more about this rich culture.
Photo By Amor Amor at Grand Velas Resort- Riviera Maya
2. Experience the elegance: at Grand Velas you can choose between 3 different ambiance: the Zen Grand is for who love nature and is an exotic and quite retreat lover; the Ambassador side is perfect for the beach lover .All suites are situated around the free form pool overlooking the beach; the Grand Class side is ocean front and each suite future a terrace with private immersion pool. The fact is no matter which ambience you choose all rooms are at least 1,184 sq ft of sleek elegance and attentions to detail. King size or double queen size rooms with pillow bar.
Photos by Isabella Rodriguez Photography, Amor Amor Weddings, Jeremy Chou Photography, & Memory Box Photo
3. Let’s talk food: Grand Velas is an all-inclusive resort with 8 different restaurants to choose from. 3 all day restaurants and 5 fine dine restaurant and when I say “ fine dine” , I am Italian, and I know what I am talking about! In fact, 4 restaurant receive 4 Diamonds Award and “Cocina de Autor” received the 5 Diamond Award. But what is food without wine? Here you can choose between 50 different kind of amazing wine. You do not feel like go to a restaurant and you want to enjoy your amazing suite? No problem! Take advantage of 24 h suite service.
Pkoto by Jeremy Chou
4. Feel the love: 89.000 sq ft of wellness space to relax and recharge. 42 in-suite massage tables ( with the booking of certain rooms you receive a complimentary 50 min. massage per adult per day) , outdoor cabana and a bridal spa center open from 8:00 am to 8:00PM
5. Everybody is welcome: while this resort offer activities that are for adult only the kids club ( 9:00AM to 11:00 PM), teen club (11:00 AM to 12:00AM) and a baby concierge make sure there is great space for the fun and entertainment of each guests no matter the age.
Photo by Jeremy Chou
6. Amazing weddings. I kept the best for last. Gran Velas offers an amazing flexibility on the personalization of your wedding day. We LOVE that they allow just 1 wedding per day so their focus will be entirely on you and your guests. They offer multiple settings for your celebration: on the beach, garden , terrace , pool side, indoor ballroom or chapel and they are all exquisite. You are not tied down to a particular style because here the sky is the limit and they work with us to create the mood , the style , the vision you always dream of. Here your destination wedding can really reflect your unique love story.
Photos by Bohemia Photography & Moni & Adri Photography
7. The care: because now more than ever it is important for us to know what the resorts we trust with the care of our clients are doing to protect the health and safety of everybody I really think it is important to share Gran Velas post COVID-19 protocols:
a- The events will be held with less capacity ( do not worry, they have enough space for a big wedding party too)
b- All the tables setups are made with very strict sanitization procedures. The staff members wear gloves for each setup
c- They organize the access and space for dinner as follows: max 8 people per table at banquets with 6ft away between tables: 2 guests per tables ( school, U, Russian setups etc); 6ft distance between chairs for auditorium setups
d- Station with hand sanitizer at all events
e- Plated service: they will provide the meal directly to the table using a service tray and a tray holder. All dishes will be protected with food cover
f- Dance floors will be bigger to respect physical distance
g- When necessary to move from one place to other guests will be invited to take only the courtesy transportation of the property
h- All beauty Salon staff members will wear face mask to provide service.
Photo curtesy Grand Velas Resort- Riviera Maya
I imagine than by now you are looking over to your monitor and saying “ok, where is the catch here?” You are absolutely right! Here is what you need to know. As I mentioned they only allow 1 wedding per day and this mean that you have to move pretty quickly to make sure your date is available.
What do you think? Are you ready to move forward and start planning a stunning unique wedding celebration in Riviera Maya Mexico? Would you like to know more about this resort and how we can help you have the destination wedding of your dreams? I am just a phone call away and I have a weakness for love stories! Take advantage of our complimentary consultations and let’s start talking how a dream can became a flawless destination wedding.